Catholic Fatherhood, growing in geekiness, holiness and intelligence.

kc0lex (Matthew). Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Friday, February 29, 2008

Reason #568 Parenting Rocks: Projectile Vomiting

So, I went back to work yesterday after taking 2 days off due to my wife feeling nauesous and vomiting a few times. I got home last night and curled up in bed next to my beatiful bride only to hear some coughing and other odd noises coming from the direction of the middle two's bedroom. Dawn causally mentioned that she hoped it was *NOT* someone throwing up. I asked if I should go check on them (ironically, I already knew the answer to that question) and proceeded to do so finding vomit in hair, on dolls, sheets, blankets and the wall. It was a literal massacre involving vomit from a 3 year olds mouth.

Dawn and I were able to get several hours of sleep last night but our 3 year old ended up having to take 2 baths last night and I think we changed the sheets on beds 4 times. So final tally: 2 baths for a 3 year old, 4 changes of sheets, 2 vomiting kids, 6 hours of sleep and 8 loads of laundry.

I didn't mind any of it at all, the opportunity to care for them is a blessing. Last week I was taught that lesson a bit more deeply.

Under the Mercy,
Matthew S.


Pray for me MGS

No comments:

Google