Catholic Fatherhood, growing in geekiness, holiness and intelligence.

kc0lex (Matthew). Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Sunday, June 24, 2007

The World Over -- 6/15/2007

I found this episode of "The World Over" to be particularly compelling, especially since I have four daughters that I am raising. I love how she describes things and some of the points she makes. Dr. Meeker makes the statement that "Dad's have to be the kind of man that they want their daughter's to marry." I have heard psychologists say that the things that terrorize us as a child become attractive to us as we get older, but I like her explanation better. She states that what is familiar is safe, even though it may be destructive things, it can also be healthy things. She claims that it is mainly the dad that determines this for their daughters.








The other thing she talks about is not caving. This is awesome for me, it really gave me perspective about what I am doing here. I am not raising a 4, 5, 8 , 12 , 16, 18 or 21 year old. I am raising a succesful 25 year old, an adult. They just happend to be 3, 5, 8 or however old right now. It may be tough but it is worthwhile not to cave-in. Below are the links to the podcast of the episode in mp3 format. You can Ipod it or listen to it right on your computer with a media player (should be on their already). This is worth a listen for every father of daughters and sons. The mothers should listen too.

Under the Mercy,

Matthew S
It's not enough to Play the Dad, you have to Be the Dad.



Posted via Google Reader:

The World Over -- 6/15/2007

via EWTN: The World Over on Jun 15, 2007

Hosted by Raymond Arroyo with guest Dr. Meg Meeker: Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know.



Things you can do from here:

No comments:

Google