Catholic Fatherhood, growing in geekiness, holiness and intelligence.

kc0lex (Matthew). Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Oh, by the way...Things I have learned from having kids.

Today was an exciting and scary day for learning. I took my oldest daughter to get her cast off at 0800 this morning. Now, outside of this being early for me (I am a second shifter and that makes it the equivalent of 0100 for me) and not having driven in rush hour traffic in a couple years we had to face something that is scary for a child with a broken limb, the Tickle Machine. The tickle machine is the really noisy saw that cuts through the fiberglass material that makes up the cast without cutting your arm wide open. Mary was so brave today, she was obviously scared and cried but she let the tech take the cast off even though she was crying. Today I learned that crying can be bravery.

Under the Mercy,

Matthew S

No comments:

Google