Catholic Fatherhood, growing in geekiness, holiness and intelligence.

kc0lex (Matthew). Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Starting to Blog again

Well, now that I am writing more and I have a decent way set up to be able to blog, it's time I do more of it. I have lots more thoughts going through my head these days and a distraction free writing environment, well at least on the computer screen. If any of you are interested I am using Emacs (a very simple but VERY powerful text editor). It may not have all the bells and whistles that other things have but I honestly need to focus on the writing part of life and it helps with that. I can always pretty things up later. It also allows me to take notes really well, organize to-do lists and write some basic programs. I use org-mode from Carsten Dominic for the orginizing features and functions. I have it running under cygwin (a unix like command line geeky environment) for the simplicity, geek factor and full screen covering up windows ability. I also am using dropbox to store all of my files, it backs it up to the cloud and auto places the files on another PC kept at home. This way, if the laptop breaks, I still have all of my school/agenda files. If you are interested in learning more about dropbox, let me know and I will send you a link (I get 250 mb of additional free storage per refferal). Matthew S.

No comments:

Google